In the ever-evolving financial landscape of Canada, homeowners often find themselves grappling with mounting debts. With interest rates fluctuating and the cost of living rising, managing multiple high-interest debts can become a daunting task. This is where a debt consolidation mortgage comes into play. With Equity Mainly Matters by your side, the journey of consolidating debt into a mortgage becomes smoother.
Understanding Debt Consolidation Mortgage
A debt consolidation mortgage isn’t just another financial term; it’s a lifeline for those looking to consolidate debt into a mortgage. Designed for homeowners submerged in substantial debt, typically amounts that go beyond the $20,000 mark. By harnessing the equity they’ve accumulated in their homes, homeowners can secure a loan specifically crafted to clear off high-interest creditors, thereby simplifying their financial commitments.
Why Choose Equity Mainly Matters?
- A Decade of Mastery: With a solid decade in the industry, we’ve experienced the Canadian mortgage sector’s highs and lows. This has equipped us with unparalleled insights, ensuring we’re always several steps ahead, ready to tackle any financial challenge.
- Customized Solutions for Every Homeowner: Every individual’s financial narrative is distinct. Recognizing this, we offer a diverse range of options, from Refinancing to HELOCs, ensuring there’s a perfect fit for every unique need.
- Transparency is Our Mantra: Our belief is rooted in the power of informed decisions. From the initial consultation to the final paperwork, our clients are always in the know, ensuring a seamless experience.
HOW DOES A DEBT CONSOLIDATION MORTGAGE WORK?
Secured and unsecured debts that carry high rates of interest – generally 19% or more – can be consolidated by the homeowner by using the available equity remaining in their home. The homeowner can access the equity in their home in the form of a Second Mortgage, Home Equity Loan or a Refinance Mortgage.
In order to determine which type of Mortgage loan should be arranged to consolidate the borrower’s debts, factors including the borrower’s qualifications, maturity date of the existing Mortgage and penalty for breaking their existing Mortgage are taken into consideration by the Mortgage Broker.
Home Equity Loans Approved In Less Than 24 Hours!
Borrow against the equity of your Property
Diving Deeper: Debt Consolidation Options
- Mortgage Refinancing: This involves replacing your current mortgage with a new one, potentially boasting better terms and lower interest rates. It can be tailored to include the amount needed to clear other high-interest debts. However, be mindful of any penalties or fees associated with breaking your existing mortgage.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): A HELOC offers flexibility, allowing homeowners to borrow against their home’s equity. It’s a revolving credit line, ensuring homeowners have the liberty to borrow as required. With interest rates typically lower than credit cards, it’s a popular choice for those looking to consolidate debt into a mortgage.
- Second Mortgage or Home Equity Loan: An additional loan on a property that’s already mortgaged. It’s distinct from the primary mortgage and has its own set of terms. Ideal for those who wish to leave their first mortgage untouched, especially if one wonders, “can you consolidate debt into a first-time mortgage?”
The Benefits of Debt Consolidation
- Streamlined Finances: Managing multiple debts can be taxing. Consolidating these into one payment simplifies the entire process, making financial planning a breeze.
- Attractive Interest Rates: A significant advantage of a debt consolidation mortgage is the potential for reduced interest rates, translating to substantial savings.
- Boosted Credit Score: By efficiently managing a single loan and clearing off high-interest debts, homeowners can witness a steady rise in their credit scores.
- Thorough Debt Assessment: Before diving in, get a clear picture of your total debt, the associated interest rates, and each debt’s terms.
- Home Equity Estimation: Your home’s equity will be a determining factor in the kind of solution you can avail.
- Expert Consultation: Always seek advice from financial experts or mortgage brokers to grasp the nuances of consolidating debt into a mortgage.
Connect with Equity Mainly Matters
Embarking on the debt consolidation mortgage path can redefine your financial trajectory. With Equity Mainly Matters by your side, you’re in safe hands. Our seasoned team is poised to guide you, offering bespoke solutions and unmatched expertise.
I had a very pleasant experience working with Shawn Sef at Equity Mainly Matters Loans. We contacted Shawn looking for help in order to pay off our high interest credit card debts. Shawn made the process very easy for us by explaining the Mortgage loan details for the Debt Consolidation Mortgage Solution which he recommended for us. Shawn was actively present every step of the way and was very knowledgeable. I will definitely recommend Shawn to my peers due to his knowledge, professionalism and expertise.
Shawn is extremely passionate about his job. Shawn always demonstrates a positive and professional attitude. His easy going and friendly personality always makes the experience of working with him fun and stress free. Shawn made the entire Mortgage loan process very simple for me to which I’m thankful for. Shawn is very proactive and updates me on a regular basis in regards to my file.
Me and my husband had never worked with a Mortgage Broker before. I needed to consolidate all of my debts. I was paying high monthly interest fees to my creditors and my bank informed me that I couldn’t get approved with them because of my low credit score. Shawn did an excellent job by helping me consolidate and pay off all of my various high interest debts. I’m now debt free. My credit score has improved and I don’t owe creditors any monthly high interest payments. We went from paying $1,650 month towards our credit card debts and loans, to now paying only $520 month which helped us build up a good savings. Shawn rescued us from our creditors and helped us save an extensive amount of money for our families future.
As a first time home buyer, we required a Mortgage broker who was willing to be very patient with us and to explain every detail of the Mortgage loan process and provide us with as much information as possible. Shawn informed us of the exact required down payment amount (based on the types of lenders that we qualified for), fees, closing costs, Land Transfer tax etc. Shawn was very good in providing us with accurate rates, figures and calculations which we realized we could afford the monthly Mortgage payments and make the Home Purchase work. One other important factor was that Shawn kept on top of our file by updating the progress every step of the way which was very important to us. Shawn is very proactive which we appreciated!
Shawn helped our family obtain a low rate 2nd Mortgage from a Private Lender. Banks turned us down as we failed to meet their requirements for the stress test, income and credit criteria. However, Shawn was able to find various Private Lenders/Investors that were interested in making us an offer and we ended up taking a great offer for a 2nd Mortgage which made the most sense for us. We will definitely refer our family and friends to Shawn in the near future. I can’t say how much I appreciate all the time and effort Shawn put into our file.
Shawn demonstrates excellent customer service skills. He’s always very quick to respond to my emails and calls. Shawn helped me get approved twice in the past year alone and I hope to work with him again in the near future. Shawn was very friendly, attentive and dedicated his time and effort by providing me with solid knowledge, expertise and advice which in return helped the process of purchasing my first home very easy and stress free. Shawn even followed up on my behalf with my lawyer in order to finalize all the details. I would highly recommend his services.
From the first time I spoke with Shawn Sef, I felt comfortable and at ease which was due to his calm and patient personality and attitude. He was also very understanding and caring to our current situation and needs by providing the best course of action for us to take which made the most sense for our family. Shawn is very knowledgeable within the mortgage field and delivered exactly what he said he would. He even provided us with accurate closing/funding dates from day one. I would definitely recommend Shawn Sef to any borrower looking for a good
Shawn had helped my wife and I obtain a 2nd Mortgage from a Private Lender last year. We used the majority of the Mortgage loan proceeds to help renovate/upgrade our home. Once the refurbishments had concluded, we ordered a new appraisal and noticed that our house value had increased substantially. The following year, Shawn helped us refinance both our Institutional and Private Mortgages into a new low rate, 1st Mortgage with an A Lender (Bank) which is going to help us save an extensive amount of money in monthly payments moving forward. I’m very thankful for Shawn’s knowledge, skills and expertise within the mortgage industry which ended up helping us save thousands of dollars.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Debt Consolidation Mortgages with Equity Mainly Matters
Q: What is the primary difference between a Debt Consolidation Mortgage and a regular mortgage?
A: A regular mortgage is primarily used for purchasing a home or property. In contrast, a debt consolidation mortgage is specifically designed to help homeowners use their home’s equity to consolidate and pay off other high-interest debts. This means, instead of multiple payments to various creditors, you’ll have one consolidated payment, often at a lower interest rate.
Q: How does the equity in my home determine the amount I can borrow?
A: The equity in your home is the difference between its current market value and the amount you owe on your mortgage. Typically, the more equity you have, the more you can borrow. However, most lenders have a cap on the percentage of equity you can use, often up to 80-90% of the home’s value.
Q: Are there any potential risks or downsides to consolidating my debts?
A: While consolidating debts can offer lower interest rates and simplified payments, there are potential risks. If you consolidate unsecured debts into a secured loan (like a mortgage), you’re essentially putting your home as collateral. If you fail to make payments, there’s a risk of foreclosure. Additionally, if you don’t address the underlying spending habits that led to the debt, you might find yourself in a similar situation down the road.
Q: How does Equity Mainly Matters assist in the debt consolidation process?
A: Equity Mainly Matters offers a comprehensive approach. We begin with a thorough assessment of your financial situation, followed by expert recommendations tailored to your needs. Our team will guide you through the entire process, ensuring you understand every step and are comfortable with the decisions being made.
Q: Can I still qualify for a debt consolidation mortgage if I have a poor credit score?
A: Yes, while a good credit score can offer more favorable terms, having a lower score doesn’t automatically disqualify you. Equity Mainly Matters works with a variety of lenders, some of whom specialize in assisting those with less-than-perfect credit. The key is to provide a clear financial picture, and we’ll help find a solution that aligns with your situation.
Remember, every financial journey is unique. If you have more questions or need personalized advice, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Equity Mainly Matters team. We’re here to help!